Thursday, January 7, 2010

Natural Hair In The Workplace


Natural Hair In The Workplace



For 2010 one of my resolution was to overcome the fear of my natural hair on in the workplace. I did my big chop and have been wearing a wig to work from fear of what the reaction will be from my employer. I work in an office setting business casual environment. The reason for my fears is that I am the only African American in the office and it is a Italian owned family business. I have been employed here for over four years but the fear still remains no matter how hard I try to overcome it. So my goal is to grow about 2-3 more inches the release my natural beauty. As of right now it is still not longer enough for me personally to do much to besides a fro or a fro with a headband.  Please ponder the following and leave me feedback.





Questions
  • What are your opinions on natural Hair in the workplace?



  • Do you have any fears?


  • What are the reactions?


  • How do you deal with the negative reaction?


  • What advice would you offer a professional peer who’s on the fence about going natural?

No comments:

Post a Comment