Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Movie Good Hair

Last night I had a free moment to watch a film by Chris rock called Good Hair. I had been dying to see this movie for several personal reasons of interest. Me being newly natural I wanted to see the views of what "Good Hair" is. I also wanted to see if I could learn anything for myself and my family.


To my surprise the movie made me see how unknowledgeable the African American community are to their own god given gift ( their Hair). I was shocked when Chris rock was talking with the scientist about what perm is and they showed how it literally ate through a chicken breast and not to mention what it did to the pop can. And to think we have parents doing this to children as young as 3 years old. Something to think about Hugh?

I was mortified at the years of harm I had been doing to myself and potentially my family if I continued with the stigma that coils, kinks and course hair isn't good. Then to make matters worst they show some Indian woman picking and washes fleas, ticks, and lice out of the hair so that it could be sewn into what we call a track. And this track will eventually be on someone's head.


Personally I think anyone who uses these products or has any interest on being natural this might be a movie to watch. And please stop saying good and bad hair just like anything else in like whats good for me may not be good for you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment