Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reaction To Natural Hair

Over the this Christmas holiday weekend I had an experience that really took me by surprise emotionally and mentally.

I was over a family members house and their guest was looking at some pictures they had up with me with the long straight hair, weaves , and what have you.
She looks at me and goes can I ask you a question. I say sure. She responds what " possessed you to do such a thing to your hair"
I have never been so pissed off in my life. Ok maybe I have but she had me boiling over. This was one of the first times I had worn my teeny weenie fro since the big chop because I wasn't comfortable. I explained to her my decision which wasn’t good enough for her and her perm.
I was wondering if any of one out there has had a moment like this? What did you do. What words of encouragement would you give someone.
After a few days a pondering her reaction I know that I made the right decision for myself and that I am on the right path so if anyone wants to be so petty to judge me because of my hair I don’t need them in my life more less my presence. I love my coils, and curls. They are who I am.



Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment